UPDATES ON COVID-19 IN BALI PROVINCE
Denpasar, 5 July 2020… Bali province government, through the chairman of Covid-19 acceleration countermeasure task force of Bali Province and which also served as Secretary of Bali Provincial Government, Dewa Made Indra updated the Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) condition in Bali.
The total number of positive patients is 1,849 persons, an additional 52 Indonesian citizens (WNI), consisting of 2 Indonesian migrant workers (IMW) and 50 local transmission (LT). The number of recovered patients is 967 persons, an additional 30 Indonesians from LT. The total number of deaths is 20 persons, consisting of 18 WNI and 2 WNA. The number of positive patients in care (active case) is 862 persons in 14 hospitals, and quarantined at Bapelkesmas, UPT Nyitdah, Wisma Bima, Hotel Ibis, Hotel Gran Mega and BPK Pering. The number of positive cases in Bali is dominated by local transmission, with a total number of 1,477 persons.
Based on circular letter Number 305 of 2020 dated July 1, 2020 on Requirement for Domestic Travel as follows:
a. Each traveling individual is responsible for their own health, and must apply and abide by the prevailing requirements and protocols;
b. Each individual traveling using personal vehicle and public transport via land, rail, sea and air must follow the requirements:
1. Show an ID (KTP or other valid identity);
2. At the departure gate, show the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) swab test with negative result or rapid test with non-reactive result valid for 14 days since issued;
3. Before entering Bali, fill in the application form that can be accessed in http://cekdiri.baliprov.go.id and can show the QRCode to the verification officer;
4. For traveler who do not have Bali ID but have special reasons to live in Bali, the Bali province Covid-19 task force can allow the person to enter, providing the person can show PCR swab test with negative result or rapid test with non-reactive result from the authority, do self-quarantine and fill in the statement letter and guarantee letter that can be downloaded from http://cekdiri.baliprov.go.id;
5. For people working in a government or private agency conducting official duty or business with duration of stay in Bali more than 7 (seven) days, must provide a valid PCR swab test with negative result or rapid test with non-reactive result from the authority;
6. For transit traveler or those passing by Bali region and has no intention of visiting Bali, must show at the least a valid rapid test with non-reactive result from the authority.
c. Every person in logistic transportation must follow the requirements in Article b, Point 1) and 2) above, except for commuter logistic with special permit from Bali province department of transport.
Requirements for person travel arriving from overseas or foreign travelers (PPLN):
a. All PPLN excluding Indonesian migrant workers (IMW) must show a valid PCR swab test with negative result from the authority, except for those already having a healthy declaration (clearance) from National Covid-19 task force that states confirmed PCR swab test with negative result.
b. All PPLN excluding IMW who are unable to show a PCR swab test with negative result must conduct independent swab self at a public hospital laboratory, regional hospital laboratory, or other labs appointed by the Bali Province Covid-19 task force, and conduct independent self-quarantine while waiting for the PCR test result.
c. Specific for PPLN from IMW is regulated as follows:
• Bali province COVID-19 task force will coordinate the involvement of labor agencies in repatriating Indonesian migrant workers (PMI) or ship crews (ABK), among them to provide accommodation / hotel while waiting for the PCR based swab test result.
• PMI who do not have an agent must do the PCR based swab test in locations appointed by the Bali province COVID-19 task force with or without being immediately collected by the Kabupaten/kota COVID-19 task force and conduct self-quarantine while waiting for the PCR swab test result.
• PMI who have declaration of health (clearance) from the National Covid-19 task force stating that the person already did the PCR swab test with negative result, upon arrival in Bali can be immediately collected by the Kabupaten/kota COVID-19 task force to be handed over to the respective traditional village task force (Satgas Gotong Royong Desa Adat) for self-quarantine.
d. PPLN who have a swab test based on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) with negative result from Bali province COVID-19 task force or clearance letter from National task force as mentioned in point C is not required to do quarantine at the kabupaten / kota, except the Bupati / Walikota has other policies on quarantine.
e. For PPLN with a positive result swab test based on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) will be handled directly by the Bali province COVID-19 task force.
f. PPLN who do not have KTP Bali but for special reasons live in Bali, the Bali province COVID-19 task force can allow the person to enter, providing the person can show a valid letter declaring swab test based PCR with negative result, conduct self-quarantine, and fill in the statement letter and guarantee letter that can be downloaded from https://cekdiri.baliprov.go.id;
g. COVID-19 patients declared as recovered based on the PCR swab test with negative result by the Bali province Covid-19 task force’s medical team, will be collected by the Kabupaten / Kota COVID-19 task force or family to be taken to their homes or conduct self-quarantine for a determined period, under the supervision of traditional village task force.
About BTB/GIPI Bali
Bali Tourism Board (BTB) was established in 2002 has ten members from Tourism Associations in Bali, and aims to build and develop a better and sustainable tourism industry in Bali and Indonesia, by nurturing partnership between professionals, government and local community.
BTB positions itself as an organization that channels communication and information, representation, consultation for tourism, public and government and develops better quality local community life. In 2011, Bali Tourism Board was renamed into Gabungan Industri Pariwisata Indonesia (GIPI) Bali. Further information see www.balitourismboard.or.id.
For Media contact:
Jl. Raya Puputan No. 41 Renon 80235, Denpasar, Bali - Indonesia
Telp: +62 361 235 600
Youtube: Bali Tourism Board Official